This watermelon gazpacho is a perfect veggie-packed summer soup. It is a cold, refreshing soup made of raw vegetables like tomato, cucumber and bell pepper blended together. Its biggest advantage is that after preparing all vegetables and – of course – the watermelon, the gazpacho soup is ready in a couple of minutes. Serve it chilled on a warm summer day. Perfect to cool you down.
The original gazpacho soup is a traditional Spanish dish. Its taste is focusing on ripe tomatoes. I know that there are so many different versions, where they add for example watermelon or avocado or grapes or even sea-food, but for us summer equals to watermelon. So, there was no question to which version we would make to fit our taste.
You will get the best tasting watermelon gazpacho soup if you look for the sweetest watermelon, the ripest tomatoes and the freshest cucumber, bell pepper and onion. As the gazpacho soup is a raw vegetable soup, the freshness and the combination of these vegetables are crucial. If you would like to experience the perfect watermelon gazpacho, you need quality ingredients as there is nowhere to hide any imprefection.
By the way, this recipe is also part of our Quick Vegan Meals collection.
This watermelon gazpacho recipe is made to fit our taste. For example, you can blend it smooth, but we prefer to have a more crunchy texture with diced vegetables in it. Or, you can for sure add more watermelon or more tomato, but we prefer to keep the taste in harmony, so neither of them overpowers the other. Also, most recipes call for an overnight rest in the fridge, which is definitely needed to have all the flavours bind together. However, we did try it after 2 hours and we still loved it. Its taste was somewhat less matured, but still very refreshing.
If you try this recipe, let us know. Leave a comment and rate it below.
What more you need to try it? If you’re ready, watch this short video:
Cold Watermelon Gazpacho Soup
- 5 cup Watermelon
- 1/2 cup Bell pepper
- 1 Cucumber (medium)
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Onion (medium)
- 1/4 cup Basil leaves
- 1/8 cup Mint leaves
- 1/2 Lime juice
- 1 tsp Red wine vinegar
- Peel, remove seeds and dice watermelon, cucumber, tomato, bell pepper and onion. The smaller the better.
- Add watermelon first to a blender, then add half of the diced cucumber, tomato, bell pepper and onion. (Save the other half for serving.) Blend well until you get a smooth texture.
- Add basil & mint leaves and lime juice. Season with salt, pepper, ginger and red wine vinegar. Again blend all ingredients thoroughly.
- Chill soup in fridge for few hours at least in order to get rich tasty result.
- Serve soup with remaining diced vegetables and some grilled vegan cheese toasts.