Cold Watermelon Gazpacho Soup
Watermelon gazpacho is a cold, refreshing and sweet-savory summer soup. 5 ingredients, 5 spices and ready in 20 minutes. Serve it chilled!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 5 cup Watermelon
- 1/2 cup Bell pepper
- 1 Cucumber (medium)
- 1 Tomato (medium)
- 1 Onion (medium)
- 5 Basil leaves
- 5 Mint leaves
- Juice of half lime
- 1 tsp Red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
Peel, remove seeds and dice watermelon. Dice cucumber, tomato and bell pepper without peeling. Peel and dice the onion. The smaller the better.
Add watermelon first to a blender, then add half of all diced vegetables. (Save the other half for topping.) Blend well until you get a smooth texture.
Add basil & mint leaves and lime juice. Season with salt, pepper, ginger, and red wine vinegar. Again blend all ingredients thoroughly.
Chill soup in fridge overnight or at least for 2 hours in order to get a rich, matured taste.
Serve soup with remaining diced vegetables.
Top tips to make perfect watermelon gazpacho
- You will get the best-tasting gazpacho soup if you look for the sweetest watermelon, the ripest tomatoes and the freshest cucumber, bell pepper, and onion. As gazpacho soup is a raw vegetable soup, freshness is crucial.
- You will get completely matured flavors if you chill the soup in the fridge overnight. However, we did try it after chilling it for 2 hours, and the soup was already lovely and refreshing.
- Fresh diced vegetables (either as a topping or as a simple side salad)
- Savory french toast (our Eggless Vegan French Toast recipe)
- Vegan cheese toast (you can see it in the video)
- Bread with olive oil and garlic paste
- Vegan bacon bits
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 94kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 2.5g | Fat: 0.5g | Sodium: 7.2mg | Potassium: 456mg | Fiber: 2.6g | Sugar: 16.2g | Vitamin A: 4400IU | Vitamin C: 53.6mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 0.9mg