Meet Emese and Nandi
Welcome at My Pure Plants, the home of delicious plant-based/vegan and gluten-free recipes!
We are a wife and husband duo raising two beautiful daughters together.
We are advocating for cooking and baking at home from scratch. We would like to encourage everyone to focus on having a well-balanced diet by eliminated / limiting processed and artificial food and increasing the number of meals prepared from locally-sourced, organic, whole foods.
We invite everyone to join us to explore, to indulge in and to celebrate this wonderful variety of plant-based / vegan and gluten-free food.
We hope to provide inspiration to anybody who would like to try new recipes that are gluten-free, meat-free, egg-free and dairy-free.
Why gluten-free recipes?
In 2014, Emese was diagnosed with NCGS (non-coeliac gluten sensitivity) and we embarked on a journey of how to eat gluten-free. Getting to know all those new ingredients, cooking and baking processes that were unfamiliar to us. Now, we have lots of tried and tested recipes perfected over the years that we still need to photograph and share with you, so stay tuned.
Why plant-based recipes?
After watching “Forks over Knives” and “What the Health” and reading about the health benefits of a plant-based diet (like here and here), we started to include many plant-based dishes in our everyday life. We literally woke up to an amazing variety of whole foods we haven’t considered before. Now, we have several staples that we make on a regular basis, but learning about new ingredients every day.
What can you find on our blog?
Emese is the sweet tooth of this family loving everything that can even remotely be called a dessert. So no surprise is here, but she is the one bringing you all things baking. She is the kind of baker who likes watching how high the dough slowly rises in the oven or screams when flipping the pancake reveals a perfect golden brown color. Her favorite recipes on the blog are:
When it comes to lunch and dinner dishes Nandi is your guy. He is the intuitional cook of this family, who doesn’t really like to follow recipes. To be honest, he never does. He loves the feeling of opening the pantry door, choosing random ingredients and finding the right combination. He creates quick recipes of salads, soups, and main dishes. His favorite recipes on the blog are:
If you are new to visit our blog, let us show you around:
- You can find all plant-based/vegan and gluten-free recipes in our Recipes Gallery.
- Next up is our Quick Vegan Meals Collection, which lists all recipes that can be prepared under 15-30 minutes.
- We have an ever-growing list of Plant-based/Vegan and Gluten-free Food Blogs we recommend to follow.
We have been featured on…
If you would like to use one of our photos for a recipe roundup on your website or on any other media outlet, you have our permission with the following rules:
- Please don’t include the entire recipe.
- Please provide proper credit and link back to our site.
- Please do let us know so we can also share your roundup with our audience.
Resources we recommend
If you are new to gluten-free living, we recommend the following resources to read:
- If you need a quick overview, you can start by reading this article by Very Well Health.
- Enormous database and a vast amount of information aka everything you ever wanted to know about gluten-free living you can find on Beyondceliac.org.
- Foundations that help raise awareness: Celiac Disease Foundation US / Coeliac UK
If you are new to a plant-based diet, we recommend the following resources to read:
- Our go-to website for scientific, evidence-based nutritional information is Dr. Greger’s Nutritionfacts.org
- The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine is also one of the leading resources in plant-based nutrition.
- When we would like to read about the health benefits of certain ingredients we always look up Healthline.
Keeping in touch
Feel free to contact us any time via this form or email ourkitchen [@] mypureplants [.] com or connect with us via any of the below channels.
- Facebook (@mypureplants)
- Instagram (@mypureplants)
- Twitter (@mypureplants)
- Pinterest (/mypureplants)
- YouTube (My Pure Plants Channel)
Emese and Nandi