Need a 30-min vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free dish? Try this easy stir-fry with crunchy broccoli and tender lentils.
This recipe really came out of blue when I had circa half an hour to come up with a dinner idea but I did not want to recreate any of the usual dishes. It is really simple so you won’t see overwhelming list of ingredients yet from a nutritional value point of view you can tick quite a few boxes while at the same time it’s tasty and filling.
Stir-fry is usually a good basis for achieving a quick dish and you can easily make some tweaks to get some interesting results. With this plate I decided to combine crunchy broccoli with tender precooked lentil and finished with some vegan rice cream. The whole food is gluten-, dairy-, egg-free and suitable for vegans or vegetarians.
If you’re ready, watch our short Creamy Broccoli Lentil Stir-fry instructional video on YouTube.
If you try this recipe, let us know. Leave a comment and rate it below.
Creamy Broccoli Lentil Stir Fry
- 2.5 cup Broccoli 500gr
- 1 cup Rice 200gr
- 4 cup Lentil 300gr
- 1 cup Rice cooking cream 250ml
- 1/3 cup Sweet corn 60gr
- 1 Onion (medium sized)
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Cook rice of your choice as per instructions (10-20 mins).
- Cut broccoli into smaller pieces.
- Preheat wok on the stove until it's hot. Add olive oil and broccoli.
- Season with some salt and pepper. Fry for 5-6 mins until broccoli gets some color.
- Add some water and boil broccoli on medium heat until it's almost cooked (5-6 mins). Once ready drain it.
- Chop onion and garlic cloves.
- Preheat wok, add olive oil then onion. Once it's almost sauteed you can add garlic cloves.
- Add broccoli, lentil and sweet corn and stir fry for couple of minutes.
- Add rice cooking cream, season with salt and pepper. Cook until it's boiling then it's ready for serving.
- Serve it with rice of your choice.