Quick Broccoli Lentil Stir Fry
We are showing you how to make the quickest and easiest lentil stir-fry. Tender lentils, crunchy broccoli florets, and sweet corn served with turmeric rice for a real burst of color.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Onion (medium)
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 1/2 cup Broccoli
- 4 cup Brown lentils (canned)
- 1/3 cup Sweet corn (canned)
- 1 cup Dairy-free cream optional
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Rice
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric optional
How to pre-cook broccoli?
You can skip this step if you cut your florets small enough. Otherwise, you need to pre-cook them in boiling water or blanch them as per below instructions
Cut broccoli into florets.
Heat up the wok or frying pan until it's hot and add the broccoli florets with salt and pepper and fry them for 5 minutes.
Add water until the broccoli florets are covered. Cook them on medium heat for 5-6 minutes until the florets are tender but still crisp. When ready, drain it.
How to make broccoli lentil stir fry?
Peel and chop onion and garlic.
Pre-heat wok or frying pan and cook the chopped onion in olive oil for a couple of minutes.
Add chopped garlic and continue cooking for a couple of minutes.
Add blanched broccoli or smaller broccoli florets, canned brown lentils, sweet corn and the seasoning. Stir and cook for a couple of minutes.
OPTIONAL: Add the dairy-free cream. Stir and wait until the cream is boiling and your stir fry is ready to be served.
Serve it with cooked white or brown rice. If you want a little bit of extra colour, dye your rice with 1.2 tsp turmeric.
- If you are cooking this recipe also in a wok, make sure to heat it up before adding any ingredients. Once the wok is hot, you can turn back the heat to medium, but ALWAYS stir continuously.
- If you don't have a wok, don't worry you can use a non-stick frying pan as well.
- If you don't want to try blanching the broccoli. You can also pre-cook the florets in boiling water separately. In that case, pay attention not to overcook the florets as they might fall apart in the wok afterward. Or cut the florets smaller and only fry them in the pan for a couple of minutes to turn them tender but crunchy.
- Optional to add dairy-free heavy cream as we like both versions equally.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 446kcal | Carbohydrates: 86g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 58mg | Potassium: 1032mg | Fiber: 19g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 404IU | Vitamin C: 57mg | Calcium: 86mg | Iron: 7mg