Vegetable Stir Fry with Broccoli and Lentils
Try this easy vegetable stir fry recipe with crunchy broccoli and tender lentils. You can have a healthy and filling lunch or dinner within 30 minutes on the table.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1 cup Rice 200g
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2.5 cup Broccoli 500g
- 4 cup Brown lentils (canned) 300g
- 1/3 cup Sweet corn (canned) 60g
- 1 cup Dairy-free cream 250ml
- 1 Onion (medium)
- 2 cloves Garlic
How to blanch broccoli?
Cut broccoli into florets (smaller pieces).
Heat up the wok until it's hot and add the broccoli florets with salt and pepper and fry them for 5 minutes.
Add water until the broccoli florets are covered. Cook them on medium heat for 5-6 minutes until the florets are tender but still crisp. When ready, drain it.
How to make vegetable stir fry?
While the broccoli is cooking, peel and chop onion and garlic.
After draining the broccoli, re-heat the wok and cook the chopped onion in olive oil for a couple of minutes.
Add chopped garlic and continue cooking for a couple of minutes.
Add blanched broccoli, canned brown lentils, and sweet corn without water and add the seasoning. Stir and cook for a couple of minutes.
Add the dairy-free cream. Stir and wait until the cream is boiling and your stir fry is ready to be served.
Serve it with cooked rice.
- If you are cooking this recipe also in a wok, make sure to heat it up before adding any ingredients. Once the wok is hot, you can turn back the heat to medium, but ALWAYS stir continuously.
- If you don't want to try blanching the broccoli. You can also pre-cook the florets in boiling water separately. In that case, pay attention not to overcook the florets as they might fall apart in the wok afterward.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 39.2g | Protein: 9.2g | Fat: 9.5g | Saturated Fat: 1.2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3.7g | Sodium: 441mg | Potassium: 442mg | Fiber: 7.2g | Sugar: 3.8g | Vitamin A: 4160IU | Vitamin C: 90.8mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 1.4mg