Let’s talk about this unique beetroot salad or also known as beet salad in lettuce wrap.
Are you bored with the same look-a-like salads? Or just want a salad that you could even eat on the go with your hands? Look no further, here is the answer to your needs in the shape of lettuce wraps or as we like to call them gondolas.
I have to admit I hated beetroots as a kid and also did not favour them as an adult too much until we took a closer look at the plant-based / vegan diet. However, since then I had to realise that beetroot really is a wonderful veggie with rich flavour and full of nutrients. They are a great source of fiber, folate (vitamin B9), manganese, potassium, iron and vitamin C according to Cronometer.
And look at the colour… It is just so eye-catching.
Now of course you can mix things up. Beetroot goes great with other veggies and/or fruits. As I like to have all around flavours, I added bell pepper, carrot, cucumber, pomegranate and spring onion to the lot. And there you go in less than 20 minutes you have a wonderful looking, delicious, but light salad with lots of tasty vegetables. I don’t even list healthy as of course eating raw vegetables can’t be anything else.
What more you need to try them? If you’re ready, watch our short Raw Beetroot Salad Gondolas instuctions video on YouTube.
If you try this recipe, let us know. Leave a comment and rate it below.
Raw Beetroot Salad Gondolas with Carrot, Bell Pepper, Pomegranate
- 3 leaves Lettuce
- 1/2 Beetroot (medium size)
- 1/4 Bell pepper
- 1/4 Cucumber
- 1/2 Carrot
- 1/8 Pomegranate
- 1 Spring Onion (green part only)
- 1/2 Lemon
- Sprout (any sort)
- Olive oil
- Tear away 3 medium to large (depending on lettuce size) lettuce heart leaves.
- Peel and cut beetroot into thin slices. Best to use your peeler for slicing as well.
- Peel and grate carrot. Chop bell pepper, cucumber into small pieces. Cut and peel pomegranate.
- Assemble the gondolas: start with lettuce heart leave then beetroot slices, bell pepper, cucumber, carrot, spring onion, germ and pomegranate.
- Spice the salad with salt and pepper. Sprinkle olive oil and lemon juice on top.