Chocolate Peach Galette with Almond Cream Filling
Decadent dark chocolate 5-ingredient galette dough, rich almond cream filling, and vibrant, yellow peaches. You only need a couple of minutes with a food processor and 20 minutes in the oven.
Servings 1 galette
Chocolate Galette Dough
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees (350 Fahrenheit).
Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
Take a parchment paper and roll the dough out as thin as you can (definitely less than 0.5 inch). It doesn't matter if the edges are rough or it is not a perfect circle.
Spread the almond cream evenly leaving approx. 2 inches empty at the sides.
Peel and slice the fresh peaches and cover the almond cream with peach slices.
As the last step gently fold the empty part of the galette dough right onto the peaches. If you get a hole, don't worry, just pat it a little.
Bake in the oven for approx 20 minutes. Sprinkle with almond slices or chocolate chips or caramel sauce or agave/maple syrup or anything else you fancy.
- Make sure you use cold butter and not room temperature.
- To prepare psyllium husk you should add 1 Tbsp husk and 3 Tbsp water in a small bowl. It needs only a minute to form an egg-like gelee so make it last and add to the dough quickly before it gets too stiff.
- Use a silicone / non-stick parchment paper like this one. If you don't have one, sprinkle it with a little bit of oat flour before rolling.
- If the dough sticks to your rolling pin, use a cling foil or another silicone / non-stick parchment paper on top.
- You can leave the dough in the fridge overnight and roll out the next day. No problem.
- Psyllium husk can be substituted for flax egg or ground chia egg.
- Coconut sugar can be substituted for any dry sugar like cane sugar. Liquid sugar like maple syrup will make the dough too wet to roll out, so might need to add more oat flour to get to the same consistency.
- You can use almond flour instead of ground almond, but you will get a smoother, almond paste-like texture.
- You can use any other nuts instead of almond, like walnut, pecan, hazelnut, peanut etc. All will give you a slightly different flavor though.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 350kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 5.4g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 3.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7.5g | Trans Fat: 2.5g | Sodium: 119mg | Potassium: 175mg | Fiber: 4.6g | Sugar: 22.4g | Vitamin A: 1500IU | Vitamin C: 2.5mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1.4mg