5-minute Oil-free Hummus
The smoothest, vegan, gluten-free hummus that you can imagine. You only need basic, whole food ingredients AND FIVE MINUTES to make the best oil-free hummus ever. Once, you taste it, you will make it over and over and over and over...
Servings 6 servings
- 3 cup Chickpeas (canned) 500 g
- 2 cup Aquafaba (water from the canned chickpea) 5 dl
- 1/4 cup Tahini 60 g
- 4 Tbsp Lemon juice (freshly squeezed) it is actually 1 lemon
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
- Pepper to taste
Measure the canned chickpeas, the tahini, and the aquafaba. Peel the garlic cloves. Squeeze one lemon.
Add liquid (aquafaba and lemon juice) first, then the dry ingredients.
Turn on the Vitamix and slowly increase the speed to the maximum.
When ready, use a silicone spatula to gently scrape all the yummy hummus out of the container.
Sprinkle with chives or parsley or sweet paprika powder.
Top tips to make hummus in Vitamix
- Turn on the Vitamix and slowly increase the speed to the maximum.
- Use the tamper to push down the ingredients, if anything stuck to the sides.
- Add liquid (aquafaba and lemon juice) first, then the dry ingredients.
- When ready, use a silicone spatula to gently scrape all the yummy hummus out of the container.
- We have a Vitamix A2300 with a 64 oz (2-liter) wet container in which 3 cups of chickpea (500 g) is the minimum you need to make fluffy hummus.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 185.5kcal | Carbohydrates: 22.8g | Protein: 8.1g | Fat: 7.8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2.4g | Trans Fat: 0.3g | Sodium: 583mg | Potassium: 144.5mg | Fiber: 6.3g | Sugar: 4.3g | Vitamin A: 26.4IU | Vitamin C: 3.5mg | Calcium: 85.3mg | Iron: 1.9mg