Vegan Chocolate Pudding (Paleo-friendly)
5-ingredient chocolate pudding that is rich, creamy and decadent. It is a perfect dessert for any vegan, paleo, gluten-free and dairy-free diet. The secret ingredient is not avocado or tofu :)
Prep Time 5 minutes
Baking 30 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1 cup Baked sweet potato puree 200 g
- 1 cup Dairy-free milk 2,3 dl
- 1/4 cup Cane sugar or coconut sugar 55 g
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
How to make the baked sweet potato puree from scratch
Wash the sweet potato thoroughly and dry them with a towel. You can even use a vegetable scrub to get rid of any dirt (like this zero waste scrub made of wood and plant bristles). Place the washed whole sweet potato in a glass baking dish with oil and seasoning. Poke it with a fork or a sharp knife a couple of times.
Bake the sweet potato in a pre-heated oven on 390 Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celcius) for 30 minutes. You know the sweet potatoes are ready if the skin looks shriveled and soft and you can pierce it easily with a fork.
Let the baked sweet potatoes cool a bit. If it is not too hot to touch, peel them and mash the insides with a fork. Now, it is ready to be used to make the chocolate pudding.
Vegan Chocolate Pudding
Add baked sweet potato puree, dairy-free milk, cane sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract to a bowl and blend it until smooth with a hand blender.
Best served chilled with toppings like: Fresh fruits, Caramelized bananas, Berry jam or sauce (our homemade mixed berries sauce recipe), Chopped nuts or slivered almonds, Caramel sauce (our homemade caramel sauce recipe), Coconut whipped cream.
- Depending on the size of the sweet potatoes, the baking time varies. Always pierce it with a fork to see if it is soft enough.
- Wait for the sweet potato puree to chill completely before using it to make the chocolate pudding.
- If you make a small batch, you might want to use a hand blender. It might be a too small portion for the regular blender.
- You can keep it in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Serving: 1pudding | Calories: 125kcal | Carbohydrates: 28.5g | Protein: 1.6g | Fat: 0.9g | Saturated Fat: 0.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Sodium: 40.6mg | Potassium: 47.5mg | Fiber: 2.8g | Sugar: 15.6g | Vitamin A: 310IU | Vitamin C: 5.8mg | Calcium: 135mg | Iron: 0.9mg