Sweet pea in creamy spinach pasta sauce has only 5 main ingredients, but will not leave your taste buds craving more. This easy spinach pasta recipe is sweet and crunchy, but creamy and filling at the same time.
If you have no time to waste in the kitchen today, this healthy pasta recipe will give you a really quick meal by mixing only what you can buy fresh from the market. This time, I chose sweet green pea as the “leading lady” and adding spinach and sweet corn, the two favorites of our daughter.
Yes, you heard it right. My daughter loves spinach. She believes she gets strong eating spinach like Popeye. Sometimes she even flexes her muscles after each spoonful of spinach pasta to show us how she improves bite by bite. For me, it is very entertaining to watch, while my wife can rest assured our daughter eats her share of iron.
Spinach is a nutrient-rich vegetable. Apart from iron, spinach is an excellent source of carotenoids, vitamin A, C, K, folic acid and calcium according to Healthline.
You can use fresh spinach and garlic, which I would usually do to make this creamy spinach pasta sauce. But sometimes to have lunch on the table under 20 minutes, I take some shortcuts by using frozen spinach and garlic powder for instance.
What else can we say? 5 easy steps, spent only 20 minutes in the kitchen and still managed to put a colorful, tasty and healthy spinach pasta on the table. Everyone is happy. Mission accomplished.
What more you need to try them? If you’re ready, watch our short Sweet Pea in Creamy Spinach Pasta Sauce instructions video on YouTube.
If you try this recipe, let us know. Leave a comment and rate it below.
Sweet Pea in Creamy Spinach Pasta Sauce
- 1 Spring onion
- 1 1/2 Sweet green pea
- 1 cup Sweet corn
- 1/2 cup Spinach (frozen)
- 1 cup Cream (I used vegan rice cream)
- Parmesan cheese (I used vegan)
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Cut spring onion into thin strips.
- Heat up a frying pan or wok and add olive oil.
- Braise spring onion for a few minutes, then add sweet green peas. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Add frozen spinach and sweet corn and mix well. Cook this for another couple of minutes, then add the cream. Wait until it's boiling and check if additional seasoning is required.
- Add pasta of your choice (I used rice noodles) and blend them together. Serve it with parmesan cheese.